Delivering outstanding results when they count the most.
Áthas Translations was established in 2002, as Áthas Communications. We have specialised in editing, translating, proofreading, voice-overs, and writing services in South Africa, New Zealand and Ireland, and can offer a prompt, reliable and cost effective service worldwide.
The director of Áthas Translations, Sharon Vandermerwe, holds a Bachelor of Arts (Languages) degree, two Project Management diplomas and a certificate in html/css and web design, as well as a TEFL diploma, amongst others. She has been editing and proofreading university theses, books, self-published author manuscripts and newsletter & blog publications on a freelance basis since 2002. Fluent in English, Afrikaans and German, with a strong proficiency in Dutch, she offers multiple professional services. Sharon has been invited to apply for entry into the MPhil Literary Translations degree at Trinity College, Dublin.
Sharon worked as a Marketing and Communications Specialist in South Africa for Investec Bank, Commercial Union and Mutual & Federal. After moving to New Zealand, she was the online marketing and communications manager for Spicers Wealth Management in Auckland, followed by senior online marketing manager for Tower Financial Advisory Services. She relocated permanently to Ireland in 2012, and is based in Dublin city centre.
The services Áthas Translations offers include:
High integrity, a strong work ethic and intellectual creativity brings tremendous positive energy to clients and projects, and we subsequently maintain strong ongoing relationships with past employers and clients alike. References are available on request.
Click here to view a sample of our portfolio.
Translating & Editing rates:
Please contact us for a quote on your specific project.
Our daily capacity includes:
· Translation: 3,000 - 3,500 words per day
· editing is 1000 words per hour (incl. e-research where relevant/necessary)
· Proofreading capacity is 2500 words per hour
Our CAT tools:
Our tools include:
· SmartCat Online Platform 2019 (online profile at smartcat.ai/marketplace/user/sharon-vandermerwe )
· Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, Version 14.7.1 ; Apple iSuite; Open Office; LibreOffice
· Autshumato ITE (Afrikaans specific CAT tool)
· MemoQ, WordFast, MateCat, XML, OmegaT, CafeTran, etc.
· We can handle any translation file including SDL Trados (sdlxliff)
· iBooks Author; Kindle Create; Scribus; Swift Publisher 5
· WavePad; Audacity; Wondershare Filmora9; MixPad